Area Sales Manager – maternity leave cover
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Area Sales Team to cover maternity with an immediate start. The area will be covering Wales and South West and will be with an immediate start to enable the successful person to get up and running with all our processes in the office and shadow our current Area Sales Manager. Excellent package available for the right person. Having a passion for equine would be advantageous along with proven sales background visiting customers and territory management.
Please get in touch if you are interested and can bring passion and enthusiasm to our existing committed and passionate sales team.
Hours: full time
Salary: competitive with bonus structure
Location: Field based - Wales, South West and Southern England
Shires Equestrian are seeking a proactive Area Sales Manager to take on their Wales, South West and Southern England areas. The ideal candidate must be located within the above area
This field-based role requires an individual with a confident sales manner to take on the handling of a well-established customer base. The candidate should be target-driven, with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for promoting Shires Equestrian and its products.
Applicants must be willing to travel and stay away overnight in order to fulfil business requirements. Please note whilst the customer base for this role is located in the north, ASMs are required at head office (Leominster, Herefordshire) every other Friday.
- Sales calls in Wales, South West and Southern England
- Maintaining and expanding existing customer base
- Promotion of new and existing products
- Problem solving and understanding customer needs
- Liaising with the office-based sales team
- Attendance at open days and trade shows
What are we looking for?
- Proven field sales record with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Positive, professional attitude
- Highly organised and able to plan appointments two weeks in advance
- Evidence of strong customer service skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent knowledge of the equestrian industry
Benefits of Role:
As Area Sales Manager, you will be provided with the necessary tools (e.g. mobile phone and iPad) to perform your sales duties both on the road and in the office. You will also be provided with a company vehicle. Additional benefits include regular staff events, product discount, and company benefit schemes.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to us using the link below.
(Warehouse job please indicate which shift you are interested in)