Work for Us
We currently have no positions available.
Warehouse Staff Required
Join our warehouse team for the role of:
PICKING & PACKING
Flexible part-time hours are available between 8am and 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Rate of pay: £9.32 / hour.
Please state what hours and days you would like to work on application.
Previous experience not essential, full training will be given.
If you have a can-do approach to work and would like to join our busy team please click the button below and load up your CV.
Office Based Sales – permanent
Hours: Monday & Tuesday 8:30 – 17:00
Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 – 17:00
Friday 9:00 – 15:00
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire
With over 50 years of experience, Shires Equestrian is one of the leading names in the equestrian industry, supplying quality products for horse and rider.
We are looking for a confident, team player with a flair for sales, to join our internal sales department. This position is located at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.
- Making and receiving sales calls
- Proactive selling
- Processing email, fax and telephone orders
- Dealing with both trade and public customers
- Liaising with other departments
What are we looking for?
- Prior sales experience
- Good grammar and communication skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Friendly, positive attitude with a willingness to adapt
- Equestrian experience desirable but not essential
Benefits of role
Shires Equestrian pride themselves on their inclusive team culture and ability to recognise the potential of their staff. The successful applicant will be supported in their training and development. Additional benefits include regular staff events, product discount, company benefit schemes and early finishes on a Friday.
If you think this could be the role for you, send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations below.
PR & Marketing Communications Executive
Working in a small team and reporting to the Marketing Manager, this exciting role involves all elements of the marketing mix, making it a great opportunity for someone to grow their career to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess a can-do attitude who enjoys taking on new responsibilities and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support the Marketing team’s efforts to promote products in a professional and informative manner.
- Assist with planning and implementation of the digital strategy in line with overall marketing plan.
- Develop social media strategy for company brands. Plan, create and implement content.
- Manage Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram accounts - grow communities and interactions.
- Respond to customer service enquiries received through social media channels.
- Write content for dotdigital newsletters and website.
- Create content for the company blog.
- Assist with sponsored rider programme and identify opportunities for engaging content to be used across all platforms.
- Follow the agreed campaigns reflected in the Marketing calendar.
- PR – supplying product information and images to magazines for features. Writing press releases as necessary.
- Support the Marketing Manager and team as necessary with planning, creative and overall brand direction and promotion.
- Develop distinctive written styles for different brands.
- Utilise good SEO practices in digital text for maximum optimisation.
- In line with job responsibilities it may be necessary to attend events, visit sponsored riders and assist on photoshoots.
- Since the target audience is horse riders, a background in horse riding is necessary for this position.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent copywriting skills: product descriptions, brand words, web text, press releases, blogs, editing/proofreading.
- Passion for upholding the best standards of written English with excellent grammar.
- Experience in writing effective copy for a variety of target audiences and media.
- Customer focussed (B2B and B2C) with an innovative and proactive approach.
- Experience in WordPress for blogs.
- Hardworking with good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- PC literate with good MS skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a flexible way under pressure and to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a passion for horse riding that can be objectively fed into written content.
Due to the small size of the team the role is not limited to the job description described above and may expand depending on the candidate’s skill base and the future business plan. From time to time the candidate may be expected to work outside of their usual hours.