Office Based Sales – permanent
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 – 17:00, Friday 9:00 – 15:00
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire
With over 50 years of experience, Shires Equestrian is one of the leading names in the equestrian industry, supplying quality products for horse and rider.
We are looking for a confident, team player with a flair for sales, to join our internal sales department. This position is located at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.
- Making and receiving sales calls
- Proactive selling
- Processing email, fax and telephone orders
- Dealing with both trade and public customers
- Liaising with other departments
What are we looking for?
- Prior sales experience
- Good grammar and communication skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Friendly, positive attitude with a willingness to adapt
- Equestrian experience desirable but not essential
Benefits of role
Shires Equestrian pride themselves on their inclusive team culture and ability to recognise the potential of their staff. The successful applicant will be supported in their training and development. Additional benefits include regular staff events, product discount, company benefit schemes and early finishes on a Friday.
If you think this could be the role for you, send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations via the apply button below.
Normal work hours: Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm, Friday 9am – 3pm
Salary is dependent on experience.
Working in a small team and reporting to the Marketing Manager, this exciting role involves developing and delivering digital assets to include the brand websites and related online collateral and for developing analytics on digital activities.
- Develop key Digital KPI's through the use of analytics, liaising with key personnel and by keeping up to date with industry best practice and changes.
- Effectively merchandise the brand websites using both data and internal knowledge to improve the onsite experience for the customer to include all platforms.
- Add and remove products to the websites in line with the business requirements.
- Update the website(s) with the agreed campaigns reflected in the Marketing calendar (including banners, forms and any required functionality).
- Assist with the development of digital assets for use by retail customers.
- Work cross functionally to create engaging product and category content for the website(s) and Social Media.
- Own the on-page SEO by working closely with the web agency and internal departments to develop and implement all improvements.
- Support the Marketing Manager with website real estate planning and development.
- Own, grow and evolve a digital assets library.
- Continuously refresh & maintain the brand websites in line with the marketing calendar.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good understanding of the latest web platforms particularly Magento 2.
- Experience in improving website/digital experiences.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics.
- A positive attitude and a good team player.
- Customer focussed (B2B and B2C) with an innovative and proactive approach.
- Good numerical/analytic skills and a focus on driving performance improvements.
- Ability to work in a flexible way under pressure and to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- PC literate with good MS skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of horse riding would be an advantage but is not essential.
Due to the small size of the team the role is not limited to the job description described above and may expand depending on the candidate’s skill base and the future business plan.
A family-owned business since 1968, Shires specialise in apparel and equipment especially suited to the discerning equestrian at all levels. From small beginnings, the company has grown to become one of the most popular brands in the equestrian world.
Shires was granted a Royal Warrant to supply Her Majesty the Queen with equine equipment, clothing and footwear in 2009 – a reflection of its commitment to products that deliver performance and reliability. Owning full product control from design, manufacture, packaging, marketing and sales, Shires offer an exciting and varied opportunity to the right candidate.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please apply with your latest CV and a covering letter via the below link.